SEOUL – Nov. 17, 2017
TidalScale is bringing its acclaimed Software-Defined Servers to customers in Korea, enabling major enterprises and government customers to right-size servers on the fly to fit any data set or workload
Gary Smerdon, CEO of TidalScale
“TidalScale has experienced tremendous growth and momentum throughout 2017, and today we’re announcing a major new milestone: a new presence in Asia with TidalScale Korea. We look forward to working with the team at TidalScale Korea to enable organizations in this nation of innovators to deploy right-sized Software-Defined Servers so they can address workloads and data sets at virtually any scale.”
Un Young (Charlie) Park, Country Manager, TidalScale Korea
“Korea has a long legacy of technological breakthroughs, from the industrial field of semiconductors to the consumer field of mobile devices and communications. Today we are adding to that legacy by opening TidalScale Korea. At TidalScale Korea, we will deliver TidalScale’s award-winning Software-Defined Server technology to customers throughout Korea, enabling them to keep pace with the demands of Big Data, high-performance computing (HPC) applications and unpredictable workloads that can overwhelm traditional servers and clusters. TidalScale’s inverse hypervisor technology represents a revolution in how businesses and data centers can gain the maximum use and value from their resources. It’s a revolution in how they compute.”
TidalScale, the leading provider of Software-Defined Servers that bring flexibility to modern data centers by right-sizing servers on the fly, today announced it has expanded its global presence to Korea with the opening of TidalScale Korea.
- TidalScale Korea will handle both sales and Level 1 support from its offices in Seoul’s Youido financial district.
- TidalScale makes it easy for users to combine multiple commodity servers into one or more servers of virtually any configuration. This extends the useful life and value of existing data center resources, while giving users on-the-fly access to systems many times larger than the servers available to them today.
- Software-Defined Servers offer a way for organizations to quickly create supercomputer-class systems with the resources needed to handle large-scale analysis, memory-intensive computing, computational workloads and modeling. This is a breakthrough for companies and institutions accustomed to spending weeks and even months configuring and mounting HPC systems. With TidalScale, users can configure and boot supercomputer in minutes, both on premises and in the cloud.
- Key to creating a Software-Defined Server is TidalScale’s acclaimed inverse hypervisor technology. Unlike traditional hypervisors that run multiple images on a single server, TidalScale’s inverse hypervisor technology enables Software-Defined Servers to combine all the resources of multiple commodity systems – including cores, memory, storage and network – into a single system image. TidalScale’s Software-Defined Server presents these aggregated resources to applications and operating systems as a cohesive whole, making all these resources available to users and applications, and all without a single change to operating systems or applications.
- This breakthrough means organizations no longer need to invest weeks or months in configuring hardware and modifying applications to run across large systems and clusters. TidalScale’s WaveRunner point-and-click control panel makes it easy to configure a right-sized server with just a few clicks and in a matter of minutes.
The launch of TidalScale Korea follows several milestones for the company this year. TidalScale was named both an IDC Innovator[i] and a Gartner Cool Vendor[ii] for 2017, and recently won the Red Herring Top 100 Global award for 2017.
- Read more on the TidalScale blog about how TidalScale Software-Defined Servers bring flexibility to modern data centers and the cloud.
- Watch our videos for a quick introduction to TidalScale and how our inverse hypervisor technology works.
About TidalScale, Inc.
TidalScale is the leading provider of Software-Defined Servers that bring flexibility to modern data centers by right-sizing servers on the fly to fit any data set or workload. TidalScale solutions deliver in-memory performance at any scale, are self-optimizing, use standard hardware and are compatible with all applications and operating systems – and they achieve all this with no changes to applications or operating systems. TidalScale transforms the economics of the data center and the traditional time constraints of working with big data. Learn more at tidalscale.com.